Meet Our Team
Jill has been in the construction industry since 2012, focusing in roles dedicated to Safety. She’s had the opportunity to work in a variety of frontline construction positions, which include: Lead Foreman for a reclamation crew on the Kearn River Natural Gas Apex Expansion project, Railroad Services at the Soda Ash Mines in Central Wyoming, and Operating Equipment on the Echo Damn Seismic Re-Modification Project. These opportunities have helped Jill to understand how to effectively communicate with every level of employee and how to make safety personal.
Since founding Awareness Is Key in 2016, Jill’s focus has been on conducting hazard analysis, documenting jobsite inspections and safety program development. She has seen her efforts improve clients’ overall safety performance, improve their insurance ratings and improve their safety standing with OSHA. Jill is an Outreach Trainer for OSHA General Industry and Construction. Jill also enjoys teaching continuing education courses.
Training and Certifications
- SSH – Specialist in Safety and Health Construction Industry
- Authorized Outreach Trainer for OSHA 500 and 501
- Certified First Aid/CPR Instructor
- Trained in Occupational Hearing Conservationist
- MSHA surface miner metal and non-metal
- CDL with endorsements: Tanker, Doubles and Triples
- Utah DOT Pilot/Escort Driver
- Cranes in construction
- Permit required confined space
- Respiratory Protection and Fit Testing
- Machinery and Machine Guarding
- EMT (emergency medical technician)
- Highway Work Zone Specialist
- UDOT Certified Flagger
- Process Safety Management
Chelly has been in Safety/Risk Management in the Heavy/Highway, Civil Construction and Mining Industries since 2000. These opportunities have afforded a wide variety of experience ranging from Department of Transportation projects with values ranging from $10 million to $250 million dollars to a variety of large Oil Refinery Projects as well as managing safety for several large metal/non-metal Mine Projects at Rio Tinto’s Kennecott Copper Mine.
She has had the opportunity to lead the safety integration of a large acquisition with three separate companies; Leading 27 safety professionals and 2500 employees. Under her leadership, OSHA recordable rates were successfully reduced in 12 months from 3.49 to a 0.95.
She has joined Awareness is Key as Vice-President.
Training and Certifications
- OSHA 500 Approved Trainer
- OSHA 510 Course
- Certified competent person trenching and excavation
- Competent person fall protection and rescue
- Drug and alcohol awareness – Reasonable Suspicion Certified
- First Aid – CPR – Certified
- Traffic Control Supervisor
- MSHA Approved Trainer – Blue Card
- Opacity Trained
- Industrial Accident Investigation Trainer
- International Society of Mine Safety Professionals Member
- Construction Health Safety Technician (CHST) – BCSP – 2012
Together, They Are Passionate About Employee Safety
Let us help your Company improve their overall safety performance as we Educate, Empower and Engage your workforce in making better safety decisions. As we sit down with your leadership team lets discuss how Awareness Is Key can help your team achieve your Safety Goals and receive a return on your safety investment.